I have to work tomorrow and Friday, so I'll probably be back in a few days. 'Sides, I don't feel too good. Hope it isn't a "bug". I'm sure I didn't touch any door handles...LOL
Five WEIRD Things About Me
1. I don't do alcohol. Maybe a glass of wine at dinner or something like that tho I really like the taste of champagne. I can't stand to be around loud, boisterous drunks. I've been a victim of a violent alcoholic abuser, and my dh has a hidden head injury because of a drunk driver. I can't find sympathy for alcoholism. Life is choices, and if you made the choice to do it, you can make the choice to stop. Be tough and love yourself.
2. I can and will easly cry and feel pain in my heart if I see an animal hurt.
3. I am afraid of trains. They are BIG and POWERFUL and I suppose I have seen too many TV movies of the girl being tied to the tracks. Eeeek! I have never been on a train. BUT, I would like to ride the Orient Express!
4. I have a bit of a psychological germ phobia. I try not to shake hands (Hello, Howie!). When I go into a public place, I push the door open with the back of my hand or if I have to pull it I use my pinky finger. In restaurants, I pick up the condiments with a napkin. If I hear someone behind me sneeze or cough, I scoot away really fast and hold my breath til I feel "safe".
5. I totally adore Marc Anthony's singing and whomever plays the guitar on his CD's. I love Salsa music. I'm a romantic at heart. Once many years ago I had a Latin Lover. HeeHeeHee for real! Oh my! Thats a whole nother story! ;)
Now that you see I am a total Freakazoid, I won't tag anyone. If you want to tell us all 5 weirdo things about YOU, please FEEL FREE!!! Come on, if I had to do it, you should too. Take the challenge!
and three, this dang computer is SO SLOW I GET FRUSTRATED AND DON'T EVEN WANT TO USE IT!!! I couldn't imagine why it was so slow. DH and I have both been threatening to throw it out the window. We almost went out and bought a new one. Even went and looked at them! Today while I was at work (yes, work on Saturday, ick!) DH decided to clean inside the computer. Of course it was filled with teeny,tiny feathers from the keets, but the main thing was he discovered....IN THE PHONE LINE...a nick! A cut! A slice! Right down to and frayed in the copper wire! NO WONDER MY COMPUTER WAS SO SLOOOOOOOW! IT WASN'T GETTING A GOOD CONNECTION. Now just how to you think that happened??? Here's a clue!
Mz. Wee also got a new toy. It was wood with rope hanging off it. This is what is left of the $12.99 toy an hour or so later. The wood is now in teeny cubes. Well, it's what she does! She still has the rope part to destroy. Better than the legs of my dining room table!
When I saw this hawk flying low, I figured it was going to be a cold night. Usually they are so high my zoom can't reach them. But the cloud cover was so low, and misty, this guy kept flying in and out of the clouds. So graceful!
You know, this is a little pathetic! Roxie hates the cold weather, and tiptoes thru the grass when she has to go out in it. Then right back to burrow in the blankets. I caught her snoozing. A few minutes later, I looked again, and the picture below is what I saw. She was totally covered, and you can see her outline on the left side. She is wimpier than me!
Since it isn't pleasant to go out, I made a couple of ATC's, for fun.
PAPER FRACTAL cut papers and jelly roll glitter pen
SERENGETI SUNSET alcohol inks and cut paper
5 x 5 mixed media collage "Generations Three" They all had different shades of gold hair, but when I put paper glaze on it, the hair...um....tarnished!
5 x 7 parrot, Prismacolor markers on Bristol
from Russia, Elina Kunikeeva